A possibile explanation for crappy display...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Dias, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Dias macrumors 6502

2. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

He basically says it's a QC issue.. wait a month.

Depends on how fast the feedback from apple to the factory is, and how much they have stockpiled with the fault already I guess.

3. TheMotif macrumors member

I know this is far-fetched, but maybe Apple made the Touch screens half-assed so that the iPhone could reign superior in the end. After all, didn't Jobs argue that the iPhone is "still the best iPod out there," even including the new line?

4. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

wow, I like the way their discussion pages are setup, maybe a good idea for macrumors?;)

5. TonyHoyle macrumors 6502a

Can't see it - the negative publicity could damage the whole brand and cost them a lot of sales... if apple got the reputation for producing shoddy hardware it'd kill them. Steve Jobs just isn't that stupid.

They have quality issues that need to be addressed but I really doubt any company would do it deliberately.

6. Mackan macrumors 65816

Yeah, his explanation sounds very reasonable. And if this is the right explanation, it is pretty astonishing that such bad screens are allowed to slip through. Man, I would be so pissed to get one of these screens when I will buy one in October, and then have to go through the exchange/return policy with all trouble that may give... I hope this is acknowledged and fixed quickly by Apple.