a printer for my iMac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by zoran, Nov 21, 2010.

1. zoran macrumors 68030

Hi, i know this is an Apple hardware related subforum and my thread is Apple by 50% so i thought id ask anyway cause i believe there are many users with knowledge in this forum.
    Well im about to purchase an old unused inkjet printer for my 27" iMac and i have to choose between the ΗP 630c and the Cannon Pixma IP 2000 (both at same price). Which of the two would you advise me to buy and why. Which is best?
    Thanx :eek:

2. 184550 Guest

Personally, I've always used HP printer with my Macs. FWIW, I've never had any issues.

3. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

well in a general scope probably HP printers are better than Cannon but i have no idea whats going on with the specs of those two.
    Im not certain but i think the HP must be older than the Canon, does anyone else have a view on my matter? :eek:

4. 184550 Guest

In that case, I'd probably go with the newer of the two.

Another thing to consider would be the cost/ availability of ink for the two printers.

5. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

any idea of what happens in terms of quality printing? or faster printing? or...i dunno what else to look for? :eek:

6. brucem91 macrumors 6502

The most important aspect to a printer is ink replacement cost/how many prints you can get from one cartridge. I would imagine that the look of printing would be similar, but I could be wrong. For those quality prints, you would want to use special photo paper anyway.

7. zoran thread starter macrumors 68030

you are right my friend, but how can i learn how many prints one cartridge of each can print?