A problem caused by the Abracadabra widget

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Ollie Cromwell, May 8, 2008.

1. Ollie Cromwell macrumors member

Ollie Cromwell

I would like to apologize to everyone who has pointed out that my double posting about this issue being a breach of rules / etiquette.

If anyone has any suggestions they would be gratefully appreciated.

I have just tested Abracadabra, a Widget that hides folders from view on your system.

Unfortunately it has successfuly made a folder dissapear, but following a restart it has apparently lost its own reference to that folder and I can not now make it visible again.

Has anyone else had this problem, and more importantly can anyone suggest a way of making my folder visible again for me please.

2. skata macrumors newbie

i have the same problem with the abracadabra widget. I added a few files in the "hat" and now it says that its empty. does anyone know any solution? does anyone know a similar application that works?

3. Ollie Cromwell thread starter macrumors member

Ollie Cromwell

I managed to fix this problem using a trial version of an application called filebuddy. Install it and you can search for files under a number of criteria (including visibility). Once you have found them you can easily change their properties.

Please note that the makers of the abracadabra widget made no attempt to reply to any help messages sent to them by me.