a problem occurred with this webpage so it was reloaded

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by thomashenden, Mar 5, 2015.

1. thomashenden macrumors newbie

I get this error everywhere when surfing, both on the ipad and iphone, after updating to ios 8.13, even on this forum. And other browsers just crash more often than before.

And a quick search reveals that many people have had the same problem for a long time now, what is going on?

2. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Safari on the iPhone is a disaster, has been for ages and is even worse in iOS8. Quite what Apple are playing at when it's such a basic feature of the phone is beyond me.
    As for other browsers crashing, I see that too. I've only started using Safari again because Opera Coast crashes so much in iOS8.

3. C DM macrumors Westmere

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1797431

4. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

I still don't see this error message. Maybe because I close tabs when I'm done using them?

5. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

Since getting the 6+ with its zero RAM, I have had to massively alter my browsing habits. I now only ever have one tab open and still see this reloading issue, mainly with heavy content websites such as newspapers etc.

6. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I've seen it once or twice (and I moved to iOS 8 on launch day). It's certainly not a common occurrence, which makes me wonder whether the users that do run into it have something specific causing the issue.

OP: Do you have any third-party keyboards or similar "integrated" software installed?

7. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Out of curiousity do your diagnostics logs (settings > privacy > diagnostics & usage data) show Lowmemory enties for Safari? Mine have no entries for lowmemory on any app.

8. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

I have pages and lages of jetsam events, all for Apple Webkit.

9. Armen macrumors 604

Armen

Webkit doesn't even show up in my logs.

10. irox macrumors newbie

Get this a lot. I figure it's consequence of a memory leak

11. MCSN macrumors regular

MCSN

it happens a lot with bandwidth traffic, have you considered the ISP?

12. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

I've not seen this error on my iPhone 6 since very early iOS 8 versions

13. sunking101 macrumors 603

sunking101

None of my other devices do it whilst connected to the same router, and nor did my old iPhones.

14. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

I've yet to see this message on any of my iDevices. And I'm browsing the web all the day, literally.

----------

... and once again.... Sunking speaking about the RAM on a thread unrelated.... :rolleyes:

----------

Low Memory doesn't exist anymore in iOS 8

15. bp1000 macrumors 65816

Used iPhones for years and had the occasional web page crash, like any phone browser would.

Ios8 and this 6+ is a completely different story. The browsing crashing is happening pretty much every time I browse on a lot of sites. It is quite frankly a joke and I'm fed up of it now.

16. klepp0906 macrumors regular

Same thing is happening to me. Best I can tell it happens when several web pages are open which leads me to believe its memory related. Happens with wifi or without.

It's excessive to the point of googling it and finding this thread that's for sure.

17. AddisonIII macrumors regular

I also get those messages when using Safari even before 8.1.3 and seem to get more on 8.2. It becomes a pain when reading an article for it to suddenly close and restart. Some times even after the page reloads and I get to the same spot it will do it again or until I close out the browser.
    The only thing that seems to some times help is to clear all history, yet that does't always help.#

18. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

It's been happening more recently with my iPad Mini 1st gen running 8.2.1 and 8.2.2. It could be because I use it a lot on the guest wifi at my job. I work on a college campus, but I'm not a student or full time employee, so I don't have an account to use the main wifi network. My home ISP also seems to be getting slower and slower. Stupid local cable company with hardly any competitors.

19. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

Maybe 8.1.1 and 8.1.2?

20. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

I'm confused. 8.2 has been released to the public, correct? I'm not sure whether there's an 8.2.x. I'm running the latest version of iOS on both my iPhone 5 and iPad Mini, and the iPad Mini has been getting this reloading thing both on the current version of iOS and the previous version, whatever it was.

21. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter

8.2 is the latest public version, 8.3 beta 5 is the latest public and developer release.

Public 8.3 beta 2 and developer 8.3 beta 5 are the same
    There's no 8.2.X releases yet

22. KUguardgrl13 macrumors 68020

KUguardgrl13

Ok so the reloading has been happening with 8.2 and whatever the previous 8.1.x was. I'm not running any betas.

23. bushido, Apr 3, 2015
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2015

bushido Suspended

bushido

happens to me on certain sites A LOT even with only one tab open and then it gets stock while scrolling and eventually you get the ooops something went wrong message in safari. the phone also gets really hot onceit happens and you can watch the percentage drop.

24. MarcusCarpenter macrumors 6502a

MarcusCarpenter