A problem with 3D touch shortcut for Settings/Wifi

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by msvadi, Aug 16, 2016.

1. msvadi macrumors regular

Whenever I use a 3D touch shortcut to access the wifi settings, it does not give me the list of available networks. It just shows the spinning wheel, or I have to wait a really long time to see the list of networks. This happens only when I'm using the 3D touch shortcut - when accessing the wifi settings "normally", the list is displayed almost immediately.

The problem makes the shortcut quite useless for switching between wifi networks. Is there a way to fix this?

It's an iPhone 6s running 9.3.4. I have tried a hard reset and resetting all settings.

Thanks.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Why would this be a network issue if it works fine when accessing the screen from settings vs. 3D Touch?

3. msvadi thread starter macrumors regular

I actually already did a reset of all settings. I believe this also resets the network settings. In any case, I don't have any network problems - the problem is only with accessing network settings via 3D touch shortcut.

I'm not sure what you mean by updating iOS/3D by connecting to iTunes. Do you mean updating or re-installing the iOS?