A problem with HTML Mail

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Skyhigh223, Jul 21, 2009.

1. Skyhigh223 macrumors regular

Okay, here's the problem...

I want to send a lovely HTML email to my friends - I've made a nice page in iWeb, put it onto my website, loaded the page into Safari and then used File - Mail Contents of this Page This then opens a new mail message with the web page inside it.

All good so far!

I then sent the email to myself at several email addresses to run a little test...

I sent it to myself and opened it in Apple Mail - OK
    Sent it to my Hotmail account - Not good...
    Sent it to my Gmail account - Not good either...

The HTML email when opened in apple mail seems perfectly fine. If I download the email from my Hotmail/Gmail account into Apple mail the message shows up just fine.

But... when I view the message online in my browser, (either in Gmail or Hotmail) the entire message is garbled up and practically unreadable. :mad:

It isn't a problem with Gmail or Hotmail viewing HTML emails, as I forwarded some HTML newsletters to those accounts and they came up fine.

And it's a big important thing I'm sending to my friends, so sending it in plain text or using those strange stationary things in Apple Mail really isn't an option to me :(

I may be missing a snippet of HTML code that tells Gmail/Hotmail how to order the message or something... but then again, I really have no idea what's going wrong.

Any help would be appreciated! :rolleyes:

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

It doesn't exactly solve your problem, but why can't you just send them a link to the webpage?

3. Skyhigh223 thread starter macrumors regular

It wouldn't look half as professional!
    I'm going to see if its possible to do (which I know it is) - and then as a last resort I may send them a PDF or a link.