A problem with my ipod when updating

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kooshadeys, Feb 18, 2012.

1. kooshadeys macrumors newbie

kooshadeys

Okay, as I had mentioned before in a previous thread, my iPod is currently in need of repair, but this thread isn't about that. This thread is about when it was working.

I have like 70 apps on the iPod (I can't remember the exact number), and about 55 of them needed updates. I lacked the motivation to update each app individually, so I just hit update all and I went to school (It was charging so I didn't worry about it dieing). When I came back (Approximately eight hours later), only one app had updated and it was lagging like a motherbleeper. I had to let it update for like two days until it was finished. Quite ridiculus, eh?

Is this a common problem? Is there a simple reason for this? Is there a solution for this (besides not letting the number apps needed to be updated amount to approximately 55)? Have you guys ever experienced a similar problem?

Thanks

2. imlovin macrumors newbie

I've had a similar problem with updating 6 or so apps. Usually had to do with the wi-fi signal cutting out on me during one which halted the rest from being updated. For me, its easier just to sync it and update on the comp just to monitor if there are a good handful of updates especially if the updates are larger files.