Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kevzy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Hi guys,

I have been using Nike+ with my 3rd gen Nano since I got both the iPod and running kit last March.

Everything usually works fine. Last night I went to go for a run (plugged in the attachment to the bottom of the iPod, selected my music, chose workout type) but my iPod kept searching for the shoe sensor.

I usually get the voice saying walk around to activate your sensor and it is usually found a few seconds after. Not this time, I got message a few minutes later saying my shoe sensor could not be found.

I tried to re-link my shoe sensor in the options but that didn't work, I restored my iPod and pressed the reset button on the back of the shoe sensor. Still no joy.

Anybody got any ideas about what has gone wrong? Will I be able to get a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

chadamorrill

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Hi guys,

I have been using Nike+ with my 3rd gen Nano since I got both the iPod and running kit last March.

Everything usually works fine. Last night I went to go for a run (plugged in the attachment to the bottom of the iPod, selected my music, chose workout type) but my iPod kept searching for the shoe sensor.

I usually get the voice saying walk around to activate your sensor and it is usually found a few seconds after. Not this time, I got message a few minutes later saying my shoe sensor could not be found.

I tried to re-link my shoe sensor in the options but that didn't work, I restored my iPod and pressed the reset button on the back of the shoe sensor. Still no joy.

Anybody got any ideas about what has gone wrong? Will I be able to get a replacement?

Thanks in advance.

Battery could be dead. Wish that stupid sensor had an LED on it. Oh well. I think you can just buy the sensor for $20 on Apple's site.

kevzy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Thanks for the reply. Yeah thought it could have been the battery, but is it normal for it to only last 9-10 months? Anyone know if I could get it replaced?

chadamorrill

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Orlando, FL
Thanks for the reply. Yeah thought it could have been the battery, but is it normal for it to only last 9-10 months? Anyone know if I could get it replaced?

Sounds about normal. Not sure though, it probably depends on use and how long it's on your shoe before/after runs. In 2.5 months, mine's gone 105 miles or so. I'll keep you posted when mine dies :)

kevzy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Just back from the Apple store where they gave me a new sensor no questions asked, hurrah.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
probably the battery. My sensor battery just died after only 7 months. :( I don't think I'll be replacing it.

I wonder how mine will be working... I haven't used it in a fair while. I have been running outside again, but I was too lazy to charge my Nano and get everything working.

It's good to know (post above) that Apple replaced the sensor for free.

anzo

macrumors newbie
Mar 27, 2008
does this work for all apple store?
even the ones in Canada? XD
Thanks

kevzy

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 27, 2008
Hard to say really. Probably just depends on the genius you speak to. Mine was in the UK.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.