A problem with Safari browser

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mirrorchild, Jun 18, 2007.

1. mirrorchild macrumors newbie

I currently am experiencing a very odd problem with my Safari browser. Out of the blue, I find that I can no longer right-click/ctrl click within web pages. It's annoying because that means I cannot access various actions via right-clicking.

I had thought that this could have been the result of a recent browser crash, so I had reset Safari and deleted the plist, but the problem still persists.

Is there anything else I could try to rectify the problem? I don't wish to reinstall the entire OS just because of this.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

If you have the beta installed run the uninstaller to revert back to Safari 2, if that doesn't work try repairing permissions to see if that does anything.

4. mirrorchild thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I am not using Safari 3 beta. I am still using Safari 2.0.3, so the problem has nothing to do with the beta issues.

5. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Also, sometimes a simple restart will take care of weird problems like this as well.

6. mirrorchild thread starter macrumors newbie

I have tried to restart to see if that would clear up the issue, but nope. I'll try repairing permissions and see if that would help.

7. mirrorchild thread starter macrumors newbie

Sigh. Repairing permissions don't seem to be doing the trick either. It appears I may have to reinstall something afterall.

Is it possible to just reinstall Safari alone?

8. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

You could always install the Safari 3 beta and see if it takes care of the problem (and then, if you wish you could use the uninstaller to restore Safari to v. 2).

9. clevin macrumors G3

clevin

clear safari's cache, cookie, and delete the pref file.