A Project file is missing PLEASE HELP!!! (iMovie HD)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by iPowers, Jul 7, 2009.

1. iPowers macrumors 6502

Alright so I was making this video that was really really really difficult to do and I got to like 3:00 of it today and I've been saving, then it just freezes and refuses to do anything. I then realise my external drive somehow turned off for a random reason, so I plugged it back in and it started working again, but then I reopened my project and I get this error

http://img195.imageshack.us/img195/2497/picture3fgd.png

I click on ignore all and it's all in the trash, and what really pisses me off about this is that it took me weeks and weeks and weeks of time to do, there's no way I can redo this all over again. What can I do to get rid of the skipped message and make it all work again¿

2. rmorrison22 macrumors newbie

A Project file is missing Please Help

I know what it's like to work hard on a project and have it disappear right before your eyes. I don't know if you've found a solution yet, but you can try this and it might help. If you still have the project file (ex. soccer.mov) then press control and click on the file. Then go to "Show Package Contents." This shows the location of the files used in the imovie. It should still have your saved files and movie. If you select the cache file then you should see your timeline movie.mov file. You can then click and drag it to a new imovie and it will import. I hope this works for you!

-Robert

3. gspanosyassou macrumors newbie

iMovie file missing fix

I don't know if this is a fix for all, but I discovered that my problem was that I had slashes in the names of files that kept me from importing them into iMovie 6.03. I guessed that this might have been why I was getting the "missing file" message with the assets all going into the trash and the chapter marks lost. I went back and got rid of the slashes and the problem disappeared.