A Question about Apple's Shipping Policy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by nateharr, Sep 13, 2009.

1. nateharr macrumors 6502

Ok, so I'm going to order my Macbook Pro tomorrow. Don't ask why I have to wait till tomorrow, it's a long irritating story.

For the past week I've been configuring my "cart" out of boredom and curiosity of tax charges. For the first time ever, Apple offered next business day shipping when I made my cart again.

What I want to know is: If I order tomorrow does that mean it'll probably arrive Tuesday, or will it arrive the next business day after it physically is shipped from Apple. (All the products I'm ordering say "Ships in 24 hours.)

So will I get it Tuesday or Wednesday? (I need to know because I've discussed it with my boss and she's letting me take the day off whenever it is scheduled to come so it won't get stolen.)

Thanks!

2. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

I'm 99% sure that it'll arrive one day after it's physically shipped. Congrats on getting a new MBP (tomorrow)!:D

3. 7even macrumors 6502a

4. javaGuru macrumors 6502a

javaGuru

It's definitely 1 business day after it has physically shipped. I learned this the hard way myself today. I ordered my macbook pro on Monday, 09/21, and it didn't ship out until this morning 09/24.

I paid extra for 2 day shipping but the fedex tracking is stating that I won't receive it until 09/29. That's 8 days after I placed my order which is not anywhere close to 2 days. I was very upset about this so I called Apple to find out what was going on. They informed me that it takes 1 to 3 days to actually ship it out of their warehouse and then it will take 2 days after it actually ships. I don't recall reading this on their website anywhere when I placed my order.

They tried to tell me that it will indeed be 2 day shipping if it shipped out today and is delivered to me on next Tuesday 09/29. But, wouldn't that be more like 3 days since they don't deliver on the weekend? Well, they went ahead and refunded me the $18 I paid for shipping.

I'm not happy I won't be receiving it until next Tuesday but they did provide good service by refunding me the cost of 2 day shipping.

5. Richard1028 macrumors 68000

2 day shipping doesn't include the time your mac needs to cross China on a llama's back. Order from Amazon or other domestic distributors if you can AND if the price is right.

6. baypharm macrumors 65816

baypharm

Absolutely I agree to order from Amazon. In fact, I found that the SAME model is cheaper than Apple's educational discount. Apple charges sales tax which Amazon does not. That's the deal breaker for me. I have ordered many things from Amazon and never had a problem. Ordered next day delivery and yep, it was here the very next day! Go Amazon. Apple's customer service/shipping policy leaves much to be desired.

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Why don't you ship it to the office? I'm sure your boss would fine that more satisfactory. ;)

8. madog macrumors 65816

madog

Don't rely on ship dates. Once it is out of Apple's warehouse it is in FedEx/UPS's hands. If it rains somewhere in Russia, they could ground all of their planes delaying your package for a few days.

A few months ago, a fedex plane exploded on a runway in China or Japan that had some of our Apple shipments in it. Anything that can happen will happen eventually.

Next day SHIPPING, means Apple will ship it out withing 24 hours (it does not mean next day DELIVERY). The actual delivery time will depend on where it's coming from amongst other factors. Usually it's 3-5 days for actual delivery unless it is a custom order, which then can come directly from China and take 3-5 days to ship, then 3-5 days to arrive.

Just go with the flow, and don't get disappointed/angry on the off chance that one of those things happens. It most likely won't be Apple's fault, but I wouldn't plan any dates for an expected ground shipment.