A question about beta 4

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kcgunner, May 3, 2009.

1. kcgunner macrumors member

I am not a developer and I have a question about beta 4. I recently bought a pair of ipod headphones for the volume control function on the wire. To my surprise the volume function does not work on the iPhone 3G, only the iPod touch. I was wondering if anyone had this pair of headphones and if they had tried them with beta 4 of 3.0. If so, is the volume control working?? Thanks

2. jeremykyle macrumors regular

We would need to know what headphones they are. Link?

3. fishmoose macrumors 68000

That's most likely a hardware thing, the same problem goes for the in-ear models of those and there has been numerous threads about it.

Most likely the new iPhone will support the volume control.

4. jarjarblinks macrumors 6502

jarjarblinks

There is nothing you (or anyone) for that issue can do. 3.0 does not solve the volumn controls on the ear phones (as well as in ears). It is a hardware related issue.

5. skoops macrumors regular

These headphones, as well as the original apple in-ear earbuds with volume control will NEVER work on the current iphone or iphone 3G - all iphone models lack the necessary fourth recepticle in the headphone connector to receive the volume control signals sent from the remote.

I'm 100% certain that future iphone generations will support these though

(the 4 "recepticles" (for lack of a better word,m I'm not a native english speaker, sorry ;) ) are... 1+2 L/R audio (stereo), 3 = Play, Pause, FWD, RWD (i.e. center button on remote), 4 = volume +/- controls

6. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

7. kcgunner thread starter macrumors member

Re: A question about beta 4

Thanks for the quick responses. I was unaware that this would be a hardware issue. And you guys have cleared it up. Thanks a lot.