A question about charging ipod touch 4 gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by peleg, Oct 8, 2010.

1. peleg macrumors newbie

I just bought an ipod touch 4 gen. On the Apple website it says that a USB 2.0 is required to charge and sync the ipod. Unfortunately I only have USB 1.
    Does that mean i can't use my ipod with this computer, or just that the charging process will take longer to complete?

(I haven't tried yet to connect the ipod because I'm afraid it could somehow cause damage to it... could this happen?)

Thanks.

2. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It won't cause damage, but USB 1.1 doesn't supply much power, so I don't think it will charge, or if it does, it will be slow. If you're on a PC, I would recommend getting a PCI USB 2.0 card, or charge with an AC adapter.

3. peleg thread starter macrumors newbie

O.k, thank you.
    Btw i have an AC adapter, but I bought it about 3 years ago (for my ipod touch 1st gen), is it o.k to use it with the 4 gen?
    And another thing - the screen says to connect it to iTunes , so I don't know if it's ok to use my AC adapter...

4. alust2013 macrumors 601

alust2013

It's ok to use, as long as its a usb version, which I assume it is. You can use your AC adapter to charge it, you just won't be able to use your iPod until you connect it to iTunes.