A question about CompUSA and iMac

Discussion in 'iMac' started by axiomission, Aug 7, 2007.

1. axiomission macrumors member

Hi,

I'm new here in the forums, but I've been following Macrumors for quite some time now. But I joined this forum to ask any needed questions.

I want to get the new iMac, but I don't want to buy it from Apple. I plan to buy an iMac at my local CompUSA store which has a pretty good financing deal on it. Now, I know that CompUSA does not provide all of the Apple options.

Like, on the CompUSA website, they provide only ONE SKU for the mac pro. Now, for this new iMac, I want to get the most expensive model, which is the "built to order" option with the 2.8 Ghz standard Core 2 Extreme, 2 GB of RAM, and 500 GB of storage.

Can anyone confirm if that model I'm looking for will be at CompUSA? Because I want to take advantage of their financing program and it's more convenient and quicker for me to get what I want.

thanks for your help.

-Justin

2. axiomission thread starter macrumors member

3. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

no idea. and no idea how anyone would know that but a compusa employee.

4. StealthRider macrumors 65816

StealthRider

CTO configurations are usually only available online, or, in the case of very limited hard drive and memory upgrades, in Apple Stores. I would very much doubt that CompUSA will have the 2.8GHz 24".

5. axiomission thread starter macrumors member

Thanks man, appreciate it. I guess i'll either buy the other option below it or order the CTO online.

again, I appreciate the responses :)

6. OldSkoolNJ macrumors 6502

OldSkoolNJ

If you go in to CompUSA you can talk to the Business Sales department. They can do any CTO order through Apple. I know this for a fact.

Kevin :apple:

7. axiomission thread starter macrumors member

Awesome! Thank you sir!