A Question about push email and edge with the June release coming

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Marcjcd, Mar 21, 2008.

1. Marcjcd macrumors member

For some reason all of the sudden this morning this question came into my mind. In June when push email is released, how is this going to work with edge? On my iPhone I have it set for checking email every 15 minutes. When checking email (using edge) my calls go directly to voicemail. So how is this going to work with push email? Its not a stretch to think that some people get a lot of email (I get through my business alone more then 40 a day at minimum). And with multiple email accounts on the iPhone the amount of emails you get increases. So, if calls are going to be pushed to voicemail every time edge is downloading an email how much will incoming calls actually be effected? If it works as it does right now, its possible that many calls a day will jump directly to voicemail... which is unacceptable.

Any thoughts???

2. iStefmac macrumors regular

Maybe your iPhone is defective.

It does not push calls to voicemail while prioritizing anything else. Theres no other way to put it. It simply does not.

Not e-mail, not music, not loading a quicktime video through safari or downloading a youtube video.

Calls are first, and thats how the iPhone works.