A question about switching carriers.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by AmereckanPsycho, Jun 1, 2011.

1. AmereckanPsycho macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

I want to switch to Verizon and get on my girlfriends plan. If I were to buy an iPhone 4 in June, how much would it cost to get the next iPhone if it's released in September? $399 perhaps? I'm not sure if she is eligible for an upgrade yet.
    I'm really tired of my 2 year old 3GS, as well as being the only person with AT&T. I never use any of my unlimited mobile to mobile minutes.

2. saving107, Jun 1, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  3. tbayrgs macrumors 603

tbayrgs

You really can't wait 3 more months (assuming it is released in September rather than June/July as the past few years)?

Speculation is that the next iPhone will only have modest changes (camera, processor) so if waiting 3 months is that unbearable, just get the iPhone 4. Considering you'll only have been a Verizon customer for 3 months and also, that it's Verizon you're dealing with, you can probably expect no price discount on the next iPhone--month-to-month pricing for an iPhone on Verizon right now is $649-749, depending on the model.