Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tanianz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
I'm wondering if its worth trading in my Galaxy s5 for a iPhone se? I'm over the big screens. Thanks.

Tanianz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
I've had the iPhone4 and right now using the 1st iPad Air, and find Apple easy to use. I don't need a big screen, will be happy with the iPhone se.

Reactions: arkitect and LiveM

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
Going from a large screen to a small screen isn't easy! You have to have a use set in mind before you do it. I don't use my phone for too much video watching, usually just quick videos and listening to music. In most places where I would be sitting down long enough to want to watch video on my phone I will more than likely have my iPad nearby and just use that instead. I traded from a 6 Plus to an SE and from an iPad Pro 12.9 to a Pro 9.7 and so far I'm very happy.

I went from Windows Mobile to Android and was happy, then from Android to iOS and I was on cloud 9.

Reactions: geoff5093

iPlaid

macrumors member
Sep 12, 2010
I'm wondering if its worth trading in my Galaxy s5 for a iPhone se? I'm over the big screens. Thanks.

Other than the SE being a timeless, iconic design, insanely fast with long battery life, and the ideal size for a cellphone, if you're a Mac user, and I assume you are by posting here, you'll gain the integration of iCloud calendars, contacts, reminders, notes, and Safari, as well as Handoff, which keeps your reading synchronized between the two. It's a no-brainer. Just do it.

Reactions: koolmagicguy

geoff5093

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2014
Dover, NH
OP - You can't get an unbiased response when you post in an Apple forum. I hope you posted in an Android forum to get comparable responses that you can weigh and make an informed decision on.

Pros about the S5:
Water resistant
Expandable storage
Higher resolution display

You need to be ready to limit your multimedia uses on the SE due to the smaller size, as it's just not as enjoyable to watch videos or edit photos on such a small display.

Of course after I type all this I see you already went with the SE. Hope you enjoy it!

Reactions: willmtaylor

Tanianz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
OP - You can't get an unbiased response when you post in an Apple forum. I hope you posted in an Android forum to get comparable responses that you can weigh and make an informed decision on.

Pros about the S5:
Water resistant
Expandable storage
Higher resolution display

You need to be ready to limit your multimedia uses on the SE due to the smaller size, as it's just not as enjoyable to watch videos or edit photos on such a small display.

Of course after I type all this I see you already went with the SE. Hope you enjoy it!
Thanks, I'm not worried about watching videos on my phone I got my iPad for that. I've read the good and bad reviews on the se.

AppleRobert

macrumors 603
Nov 12, 2012
Thanks, I'm not worried about watching videos on my phone I got my iPad for that. I've read the good and bad reviews on the se.

Depends though, when is the last time you used a smartphone with a 4" screen?

The 6 or 6s don't have large screens, problem is they are both almost the same total size as the S5. Time will tell if the SE is too small or not regarding the screen.

Tanianz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
My phone came today, got it up and running. Loving it so far.
I got the rose gold one just to be different from the other colours I've had with phones.

Reactions: matt_on_a_mtn

RobertBosworth

macrumors newbie
Apr 29, 2016
Hm.. What are the benefits from going from the Android to iOS?
I know that iOs makes the battery discharged very quickly unlike the Android. What do you think about this matter?

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
I know that iOs makes the battery discharged very quickly unlike the Android. What do you think about this matter?
There are many benefits and detriments to any platform switch; all of which are situation dependent. If you really would like to know you'll have to put forth a situation as to why you think you need to switch. This will help you to get more specific answers, as there are almost endless answers to your question.

As to the battery discharge statement, I've found that on a per mAh basis, I get longer usage out of the battery in my 6s than I've gotten out of my past Android devices. So, in my experience, iOS has better battery discharge rates than Android.

T5BRICK

macrumors G3
Aug 3, 2006
Oregon

They all have their own strengths and weaknesses. I'd suggest figuring out what your needs are and then finding a device, iOS or Android, that meets those needs.

I think you're reading what other people say about iOS and taking it as the truth.

Qbnkelt

macrumors 65816
Oct 15, 2015
Mid-Atlantic
My thinking is that I've never had an Android phone outlast any iPhone.

As far as every bring else, I've used Android and iOS. Android gets laggy as I use it. And every Android I've had has become a hot mess after the first major upgrade. For sample, my Note 4 became so frustrating to use afte going from KitKat to Lollipop that I just put it in the drawer and gave up on it.

So for me the benefit of iOS is a smoother more reliable experience, better support, more reliable OS upgrades, and Apple Care Plus.

YMMV

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.