A question about the Touches capabilities

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 11blue, Feb 21, 2008.

1. 11blue macrumors member

I was wondering, can you play music and surf the internet over wifi at the same time? I am pretty sure I am going to get one anyways, but I was really hoping that this question is going to be a yes. Help me out!

2. aethelbert macrumors 601

You can play music and do anything else. It's just a background process.

3. 11blue thread starter macrumors member

Awesome. Now I can fully feel alright purchasing one.

4. atad6 macrumors regular

Note that it runs the battery down pretty fast

5. amanda kathryn macrumors regular

the touch's battery life sucks no matter what. i try to lock it most of the time when it's playing in the car, otherwise the battery will only last a few short commutes. one night i had it on the bed next to me, i fell asleep without locking it, so the screen was on all night, and it died by morning. no music playing or anything, just the screen on.

i really wish it had a feature like the video where it would just dim itself after 5-30 seconds, then "wake up" when you touched it, to save battery life. the only option is to have it lock itself, so you need to unlock it then get back to the playlist in order to change something, which is really not something i want to do while driving.

6. eplchamps0304 macrumors 6502a

eplchamps0304

The battery life is ok. Reduce the screen brightness and it will last longer.

7. Lord Sam macrumors regular

Lord Sam

Of course. You can't play videos, but music is just a background for anything else you are doing. You can surf the web, look at photo's, send email, and everything else the touch allows you to do, while listening.

8. amanda kathryn macrumors regular

mine's at about 40%. i'm not saying it's HORRIBLE i guess, just compared to my video, which automatically dimmed after a few seconds, the battery on that lasts easily a week or so of commuting and errands. if i don't lock the touch to turn the screen off, i get about three days. locking it consistantly brings it up to the point of where the video was, but it's a major inconvenience.

9. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    I have another question about the Touch's capabilities, which I think is kind of a longshot...

Can you make updates to your music on the Touch so that when you sync back to you computer, it could apply those changes there?

For example, a lot of times I'll have full albums which I've recently gotten on my iTunes library which will sync to my iPod Nano. So as I'm listening to these tracks on my iPod, I might decide I no longer want the entire Album, just maybe a track or two from it. But I can't delete anything on my Nano and I hate making a mental note to remember to make these changes next time i'm at my comp. I

would love to be able to delete something right there on my iPod.

Anything like this on the Touch?

10. BrownManUPS macrumors 6502a

BrownManUPS

A lot of people suggest to use the rating system. So if you don't add ratings to any of your tracks, add a one star to them so you can make that mental note to delete them later.

But there is no onboard delete.

11. Rizvi1 macrumors 6502a

Laurel, MD (Baltimore, MD / Washington, DC area)
    not a bad suggestion BrownManUPS. Thanks, I'll try that from now on.