A question for iOS 5 beta testers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by someone28624, Jun 22, 2011.

1. someone28624 macrumors 6502a

Is there a way to see info on the pictures taken? Drives me nuts that I can't look at a a picture I took on the device and see date/time/gps data. I know there are third party apps, but I feel like this should be at the OS level.

2. soco macrumors 68030

soco

Do you mean the EXIF data? Either way, no. It'd be nice, I suppose. But I think it's something a little too in-depth for being on the device itself.

3. someone28624 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yes, I suppose I do. Even without the full EXIF data, just the basics would be helpful. You know, the info you can view on a traditional digital camera.

4. seble macrumors 6502a

Don't worry guys, I know someone who is working on a beautiful app for that!

5. soco, Jun 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011

soco macrumors 68030

soco

Yeah I guess it'd be nice to see things like the date the photo was taken, maybe even pull up the geolocation. They could do it in some sort of sexy way only Apple knows how like when you press the button to manipulate photos (edit, send, delete, etc.) there's a "more" button and the picture flips over, revealing a bit of info.

Should we assume, you? If so, good luck and let us know how it's going :) I love hearing about apps developed for little things like this.

Ah! Very nice!

6. mactmaster macrumors 6502

There's already a beautiful app for this it's called Lab it's on the App Store. It shows date, camera, pixel dimensions, size, location, f-stop, iso, shutter speed and histogram.

7. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

Just FYI - if you are running iOS 5 now and dont work for apple you are beta testing YOUR app - not the OS.

There are already apps on the app store that will show you EXiF data.