A question for synergy users -

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JK.online, Apr 8, 2007.

1. JK.online macrumors member

I'm just wondering if when you move your mouse to your server's screen, the mouse on the client screen (my Macbook) should sit right in the middle?

I'm wondering if there's any way I can make my client's mouse arrow invisible when I'm using the server PC (Windows)? The server PC's mouse goes invisible when I use the client PC so I'm just wondering if there's something I've missed.

Thanks in advance! (hopefully you can make sense of what I'm asking - synergy users should hopefully be able to understand)

2. redeye be macrumors 65816

redeye be

I don't think there's an option to make the pointer disappear on the Mac client (or server for that matter).
    It doesn't bother me though :).

I did understand, jeej !

3. hayduke macrumors 65816

hayduke

How do you guys like synergy. I still haven't gotten it set-up, but was thinking of using it between a Powerbook and MacPro so I can use both machines, but only one mouse/keyboard. Are there appreciable delays? Does it work smoothly?

4. JK.online thread starter macrumors member

I'm loving Synergy! Works flawlessly and it's something I thought would be clunky and difficult to use, but it's not! (other than this darn mouse stuck on my client screen).

Any help would be fantastic. I read the documentation but I must've missed something.

Cheers

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I've had synergy for over a year...almost a year and a half I think and I love it. I don't like the floating itunes window or anything. i'd just rather hide the itunes window and use synergy. I do not even use it's floater feature. I love it, it fits nicely on my menu bar and there has never been any delay. Even when pushing my cpu past it's comfortable limits with pano stitching and photoshop editing at the same time (hard on my 1.67 powerbook) I simply cannot see synergy ever getting in the way.

6. semaja2 macrumors 6502a

Wrong synergy mate ;) but well as for the synergy in this discussion when i did use it i found it very useful and i just loved it, if only i coded back then i would try to find a solution to the cursor problem

7. epochblue macrumors 68000

epochblue

hehe - I was like you - when I read the thread title and the OP, I thought he was talking about the iTunes controller :D