Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

henry2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
My question is this how do you like the Imac and what is your thoughts on the 27.inch screen size ..

The reason why i asked this i have my MacBook Pro at the house and my oldest grand daughter has taken it over for her school work and since iam moved out of state here in the future and i was wondering if it would better to just give her the set up in my bed room at her house and go out and buy a another Apple Imac desktop set up for the move ..

So what are your thoughts on them ..

gdeputy

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
New York
It's astounding.

At first it was almost too much, but now it just feels right. I can't imagine going back to a 21" screen (i had a 21.5" Dell 1080p monitor prior).

If you don't need portability (I like portability, but own an Macbook air for that) than there is no reason not to get the 27" unless it's monetary issues. Absolute beast of a computer and the nicest I've ever owned.

davusicion

macrumors newbie
Feb 2, 2011
Virginia
Need help!

Anyone know where I can purchase an Imac with bad credit or no credit check? I have $400.00 saved up, but I need one really bad for business. Please help

It's astounding.

At first it was almost too much, but now it just feels right. I can't imagine going back to a 21" screen (i had a 21.5" Dell 1080p monitor prior).

If you don't need portability (I like portability, but own an Macbook air for that) than there is no reason not to get the 27" unless it's monetary issues. Absolute beast of a computer and the nicest I've ever owned.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
Anyone know where I can purchase an Imac with bad credit or no credit check? I have $400.00 saved up, but I need one really bad for business. Please help

Sounds like an entirely new topic to me. Don't hijack this guys thread, start a new one under the Buying Advice section of the forum.

RiceKilla

macrumors member
Jan 23, 2011
I don't regret it at all.

Now owning a 27" I couldn't go smaller ever for a desktop.:p

dh2005

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
As I've said in another thread quite recently; when I was looking at iMacs, I was torn because the 21.5" looked too small to me, and the 27" looked too big. I went for the 27", and my eyes adjusted to the size of it within 48 hours.

Very good computers, in my opinion.

jvette

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2007
My question is this how do you like the Imac and what is your thoughts on the 27.inch screen size ..

The reason why i asked this i have my MacBook Pro at the house and my oldest grand daughter has taken it over for her school work and since iam moved out of state here in the future and i was wondering if it would better to just give her the set up in my bed room at her house and go out and buy a another Apple Imac desktop set up for the move ..

So what are your thoughts on them ..

I have a 24" Imac and decided to purchase a 27" back the end of December. To tell the truth the 24" set side by side with the 27" for a couple of days and the screen on the 24" was just as good and the 24" was just as fast with surfing the web, email and some photo work. I returned the 27" due to noise and vibration on my desk. They refunded my money and I decided to just keep the 24" and wait another year.

If you go to the refurbished site you might be able to find a good 24" for a good price. After having both for a few days I really like the 24" better or as good as the 27" even though it's 3 years old. There isn't much improvement over the older model.

skiltrip

macrumors 68030
May 6, 2010
New York
I don't regret it at all.

Now owning a 27" I couldn't go smaller ever for a desktop.:p

That's what scares me about my first 27" (I'll have it by next week).
I'll never be able to deal with a smaller monitor again. This is how they create iMac users for life. There's no getting out once you're in, like the mob.

dh2005

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
That's what scares me about my first 27" (I'll have it by next week).
I'll never be able to deal with a smaller monitor again. This is how they create iMac users for life. There's no getting out once you're in, like the mob.

Hah! I wouldn't say it's quite as sinister as being in the Mob...!

Besides, if you had to switch down, you'd adjust. I remember a summer job working at a traffic control centre, and I had three 21" LCD screens side-by-side on my work computer. When I went back home to a single screen, I thought I was gonna go mad.

But I got over it. Got used to using a 13.3" laptop, and that was what I was using until I bought my iMac in October of last year.

There is 'life after'...!

henry2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
I have a 24" Imac and decided to purchase a 27" back the end of December. To tell the truth the 24" set side by side with the 27" for a couple of days and the screen on the 24" was just as good and the 24" was just as fast with surfing the web, email and some photo work. I returned the 27" due to noise and vibration on my desk. They refunded my money and I decided to just keep the 24" and wait another year.

If you go to the refurbished site you might be able to find a good 24" for a good price. After having both for a few days I really like the 24" better or as good as the 27" even though it's 3 years old. There isn't much improvement over the older model.

thank all you for the info about the 27.inch Imac and since i really want the larger screen to watch hulu and dvds when i'm off work and surf the web and answer emails& send emails and do some invertory tracking with some of the software i have on the laptop and useing Itunes for Ipad that i have as my main travel device when away from the house and the new Iphone that iam going to get when Verizon comes out with there model..

I have set up the laptop with 32.inch screen flat screen tv along with two usb speakers and headphone for watching the shows i like from a office chair in the bedroom with a foot rest for watching tv in the room ..

My cable internet is the fast speed that the local cable company offered and i can down load a full 1 hour tv show in less than 10 mins start to finish from hulu and to thats make sandwich or get another soda and snack from the fridge

dh2005

macrumors 6502a
Jan 25, 2010
thank all you for the info about the 27.inch Imac and since i really want the larger screen to watch hulu and dvds when i'm off work and surf the web and answer emails& send emails and do some invertory tracking with some of the software i have on the laptop and useing Itunes for Ipad that i have as my main travel device when away from the house and the new Iphone that iam going to get when Verizon comes out with there model.

It's a big enough screen, and a powerful enough computer, to mean that you can have a DVD playing back (in VLC, say) in a window in the top corner of your screen, with a Safari window open directly underneath it, and a full-sized Excel sheet occupying the other half of the screen.

I know this, because I do it all the time...!

biggd

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2008
Calgary
27 has the best long term value.
If you want "the best of mac", try and get an SSD and Mac OS Lion for your iMac purchase

henry2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 9, 2010
As a sidenote to this post you got to love grandkids ..When i told the oldest grandkid she getting the laptop and the set up that i have in the bedroom ..her sister goes then iam getting the car when i get older right :D and i want the smart that you drive around now ..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.