A Question for the learned. (hacked ipod touch)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by andi.m., Nov 6, 2007.

1. andi.m. macrumors newbie

Hey,
    Im in the stages of limbo over buying an ipod touch and there is one thing that is probably gonna be the deciding factor.
    I wanted to know that after jailbreaking the 'touch'. Of all the apps you can install, does that include the mail application? And also the chat app?
    Im mostly concerned about the mail application.

And additionally, and this is just me being curious, has anyone any info about using msn messanger or Trillium messanger on either the iphone or ipod touch??

Thanks for taking the time to read this, any info will be greatly appreciated.
    My last ipod was stolen when a crack addict broke into my car and im all in a huff about what to do to replace it, plus expand on it's features.

Andi.

www.topoftheworld.com
    www.ontariolongboarding.com

2. Luis macrumors 65816

Luis

I don't know if you can directly download it from installer, but I do know that mail has been tested successfully and that it actually works ok and that there is a way to get it onto the touch.

Also, you might want to look at Apollo, which is the MSN app you can download from installer. I have used it and it works pretty well for everything it has to do.

3. Vigilante macrumors 6502a

Vigilante

Yes, in a way. The iPod Touch requires internet access via a Wi-Fi connection to access the internet--and likewise, email. There is no "always available" internet, no satellites are used.

4. andi.m. thread starter macrumors newbie

Excellent,
    That was what i was hoping. Knowing that i can field my emails well im say, at the coffee shop or anywhere where i might encounter a open WiFi connection is what i was curious about.
    Thanks for the info, now I just need to make sure about the chat thing.

andi

5. Aaleck macrumors 6502a

Aaleck

Mail works perfect on my touch. As for chat, theres 2 you can choose from. Chat or ApolloIM. They both work well for AIM (which I don't use and I guess theres a lot of bugs) as for MSN, not so well. I can't even login.