A question from a Rev.A Mac Pro owner

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by F4phanatic, May 31, 2007.

1. F4phanatic macrumors newbie

I have some question's for you all, some of them have been bugging me, I am new at this so give me a bit of lee-way here :p My Mac Pro, is a 2.66 GHZ, with 2GB RAM, and 3 Nvida 7300GT video card.

First, is it normal on a 10.4.9 Mac Pro to restart two times at start up? If it isn't what could be causing the problem?

Second, My three display's are all hooked up to my machine, but whenver I am doing anything, it refreshes, and the two side monitor's say "No signal detected, going to sleep", and they go black for two seconds then it's normal again, I have no clue why they're doing this at all, do you?

Third, MOHAA keeps crashing whenever I load certain map's on it, but when I do it a second time it's fine, I know there's no Universal Binary for it, but I wish there was.

Other then those question's, I love my Mac Pro, I once showed a PC guy the BF1942 running on my Mac Pro at 60 FPS, and he said "Wow, it's a good PC." Ha! I do love it, but it acts up sometimes, but rarely *knocks on wood* I am glad to be a part of the Mac Community though.

2. F4phanatic thread starter macrumors newbie

Never mind the first question, I know it's normal, the other thing is how many game's will support surround sound? I am just curious, I just got new speakers.

3. TheFuzz macrumors regular

1.normal? i've never noticed mine do that, and i've had it since last august.

2.i've never run into this either other than on a restart, but i'm runnning 2 monitors from one card.

3.never used the app so i have no idea.

4. Kosh66 macrumors 6502

1. No that's not normal.

2. Doesn't seem normal, but I haven't used multiple monitors for awhile.

4. Surround Sound - not many games support surround sound (Quake 3, UT2004, and a few more) and from what I heard the only sound card to support surround sound on games were the Revolutions from M-Audio which are PCI only and not PCI-e. The DVD player supports surround sound through the Mac Pro's built-in sound card via the Toslink.

5. F4phanatic thread starter macrumors newbie

Okay, thank you, now I know that the starting up twice is a tad unnormal, and I wonder why it does that? Thanks for the surround sound info, and the monitor inof. This is my first question I've asked on MacRumors!