A question on activation...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nath, Nov 8, 2007.

1. nath macrumors newbie

OK, so I'm buying my iPhone tomorrow like the rest of you crazy cats...in the 02 store by my office in SW London.

But it's a long way home, and my concern is that when I get back (probably 7:30-8:00), 02's activation systems will have either buckled under the load or just be painfully slow. Plus naturally I want to play with my new toy on the commute back!

My main Mac - the one I'll be using the iPhone with generally - is my Mac Pro at home, but I have a G4 Powerbook too. So does anyone see a potential problem in using the G4 to activate in the store (or nearby coffee shop if they don't have open wifi), then quitting iTunes once activation is over but before syncing...then syncing up properly with my desktop when I get home?

I think that would work with an iPod (i.e. they're easily hot-swappable between Macs) - but does anyone see a potential problem in this approach with the iPhone, given the activation aspects?

Cheers!

2. Hustle macrumors 6502a

3. Steve Jobs=God macrumors 6502

as long as both macs are authorised to use your iTune account, i can't see why it wouldn't work

4. jk111 macrumors regular