A question regarding Snow Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by conanqq107, May 24, 2009.

1. conanqq107 macrumors newbie

I'm going to university (studying computer science) in the fall and i'm planning to get a macbook. Rumors are saying that the Snow leopard are coming out in June, therefore i'm assuming when I buy the macbooks from the apple online store after snow leopard is released, they should come with Snow Leopard preinstalled, right?

BTW, my cousin has some pretty nice mac software (iwork, photoshop...) which he could lend me, I'm just wondering if Snow Leopard is compatible with all Leopard software since it is said that the new OS is more of an update than a huge upgrade (like from Tiger to leopard).

Sorry for the basic questions, but I've never owned a mac before. I'm worried about the compatibility since the pathetic vista gave me so much problems...

Thanks~

2. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Yeah these are fairly basic questions but not obvious if you're new to it all.
    Yes, you will get Snow Leopard with any Mac (once SL is released). Software may require minor to significant updates to work with SL, although most of the time they will work just fine.

3. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

once snow leopard is released you will either have it preinstalled or have a drop in disk on existing computers

please dont engage in software piracy though:cool: