A question regarding the Graphics Update in August

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by zoomy942, Oct 20, 2010.

1. zoomy942 macrumors newbie

Morning!

I have been using this MBP for several months now, it is an issue from work, with a C2D2.6, 4GB RAM and an nvidia 8600gt.

It runs everything fine, but then I was looking around and found out about that graphics update that came out in August. Well, I was still new to the Mac world then and didnt know to check in the system preferences System Update area for installed updates, so I DL'ed it and installed it.

Afterwards, I find out that I can see installed updates and went to look, and in August it was installed.

Did I damage anything by reinstalling it? Why does the one i installed last night not show a version? (screenshot attached)

Attached Files:

2. dissolve macrumors 6502a

I highly doubt you did any damage. As long as everything is working alright, I wouldn't worry. Not sure why the version number doesn't show up in your screenshot. Perhaps because it's a reinstall?

3. zoomy942 thread starter macrumors newbie

I didnt think so either but the lack of a version number had me wondering...

4. zoomy942 thread starter macrumors newbie

I also found it odd that the installer didnt tell me that I already had it installed...