Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BlakTornado

Original poster
Apr 24, 2007
Washington, OH
Sorry about the terrible title :p

I'm looking for a good quality 500GB hard drive that supports FireWire 800 (or 400 but 800 preferably as my 400 is used for my Camcorder). I'm mainly using it for Time Machine and putting old video files on, and since my iMac has a 500GB internal, I may as well get an external to mirror that amount, giving me roughly about 1TB (without all the reductions from capacity inaccuracies that make you think you have more when you don't.)

Since I'm also on a very low income of about... £0 a month, I would prefer it to be as cheap as possible. It doesn't matter if it isn't that cheap but nothing over, say £150 if possible. All help appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

JimmyDThing

macrumors regular
Aug 23, 2007
Sorry about the terrible title :p

I'm looking for a good quality 500GB hard drive that supports FireWire 800 (or 400 but 800 preferably as my 400 is used for my Camcorder). I'm mainly using it for Time Machine and putting old video files on, and since my iMac has a 500GB internal, I may as well get an external to mirror that amount, giving me roughly about 1TB (without all the reductions from capacity inaccuracies that make you think you have more when you don't.)

Since I'm also on a very low income of about... £0 a month, I would prefer it to be as cheap as possible. It doesn't matter if it isn't that cheap but nothing over, say £150 if possible. All help appreciated. Thanks in advance :)

http://www.buy.com/prod/western-dig...-1tb-7200-rpm-triple/q/loc/101/204211850.html

299.99 U.S. dollars = 150.288062 British pounds

And if you haven't already created a google checkout acount...

289.99 U.S. dollars = 145.278293 British pounds

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.