Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

silverback66

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 18, 2005
CO
I. Show respect for your fellow posters

1. Name-calling, eye-rolling, use of deprecating smilies, generalizations/stereotypes, etc. will be viewed as a display of disrespect and will fall under the heading of "trolling"

II. Be willing to engage in fact-based debate

1. Provide links or other form of citation to corroborate claims; uncited claims will be considered opinion/hearsay
2. Repetition of opinion/hearsay as the factual basis for an argument will fall under the heading of "trolling"

Given these rules, why then are so many allowed to openly mock people of faith? I've been banned twice now and both times I clearly deserved it, but the very same reasons for which I was banned occur on a regular basis with no reprocussions for those of a differing viewpoint. I'm willing to do my part to uphold the rules you have here, but can I expect the same from you? If not then I would suggest changing the name of the forum to The Liberal Discussion forum because clearly other views thus far haven't been accepted and are consistently met with mockery, degradation and tasteless offensive "humor." So I ask you openly, where do you stand and what directon will this place go in?

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
MR is always open to different opinions and viewpoints. The Mods do a good job of keeping things fair. If you don't think this is the case, I'm sure there are many other forums on the internet, which might appeal to you more.

silverback66 said:
what directon will this place go in?
I have a feeling it's headed for the Wasteland.

miloblithe

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2003
Washington, DC
Do you have any examples of people "openly mocking people of faith"?

Or are people here essentially just stating that they don't believe that god is on the side of people who tend to claim that he is?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
silverback66 said:
If not then I would suggest changing the name of the forum to The Liberal Discussion forum because clearly other views thus far haven't been accepted and are consistently met with mockery, degradation and tasteless offensive "humor."
From looking through your post history, you seem to be mainly here for the political forum, this is not (obviously) the main goal of MacRumors. Report things you think abuse the board rules, and we'll decide if we agree - and action needs to be taken - or if you're just being over sensitive - and we leave it alone.

If you simply don't like the political lean, then please, knock yourself out and go somewhere else :rolleyes:

Don't think for a second that people mocking a faith means that it will be deleted, it won't. You believe what you want and so will others. If they want to mock what you happen to believe in, deal with it. It's just the same as if one person mocks others political views, it's tough luck, everyone has their view, and you have to deal with it.

Oh, and post in the correct forum Site and Forum Feedback, I'll move it :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.