A quibble about black faced iPhones

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by El3ctronics, Sep 19, 2016.

1. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

So I almost exclusively had black iPhones until the iPhone 6S Plus last year. I got that device in the silver model (white face). I liked the change but always figured I would go back to a black faced device again this year. When the i7 came out I made the switch and got the matte black model with the black leather case.

Immediately there was one annoyance that I had forgotten about since I never had it with the white phone. The amount of dust that gets trapped along the sides of the case around the screen is absurd. Every time I take it out of my pocket I have to clean the dust away and it's becoming a PITA. I love the look of the black device and I don't have the issue without the case but just wanted to see if others have the same quibble.

2. cmcclure88 macrumors member

cmcclure88

You'll have the same problem with any colored iPhone in a case. You just can't really see it on a white faced iPhone, but it's still there.

3. El3ctronics thread starter macrumors 65816

Yes, exactly. If I don't see it, it's not bothersome.

4. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

I can't stand the way white-faced phones look with fullscreen pics/videos. I prefer how the black blends in much more.

5. TiaSco08 macrumors member

TiaSco08

My 6 (my first iPhone) was white and I got the jet black 7. The thing I didn't anticipate...can't see the black one in the dark. I've left it sitting on the sofa while watching tv and couldn't see it when I returned...almost sat on it. It totally makes sense that you can't see a black phone in the dark (duh!) but I didn't think about the implications. LOL

6. Newtons Apple Suspended

Newtons Apple

One or two of my friends have white bezels and you can see dirt and gunk between the frame and glass that you would never see if it had a black bezel.

Go figure.