A quick HUGE favour from any 15" MBP owner

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Z1NX, Apr 18, 2010.

1. Z1NX macrumors member

Guys,

I'm about to order a decal for my 15" MBP, which is on its way at the moment.

I'd like to order the decal now, but the seller wants to know some dimensions so he can make the decal inch-perfect.

So the question is, what is the distance from the very bottom of the apple to the base/bottom of the 15" MBP. I'd like it to be as accurate as possible please, and preferably if you could PM me with the dimension. If you can't be asked though, I won't mind if it's posted here.

Thanks SO much. I'd genuinely appreciate it.

P.S. It might be quite difficult to measure at the bottom of the MacBook seeing as it's a curved edge, and not a straight drop. If you could, measure it by looking dead-straight onto it and stop the measurement from the last bit your eye can see (if you know what I mean!)

Again, thank you so so much. x

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

It's about 105 mm from the edge near the vent to one of the two nearest points on the apple logo, 107 mm to the little indent.

3. Z1NX thread starter macrumors member

Cheers for that. So it's 105mm to the very bottom of the apple right? And are both points of the base of the apple the same size?

4. Dcuellar macrumors regular

Where are you getting the decal made? Show us some pics when you get it.

5. Z1NX thread starter macrumors member

Will do :) It's from Etsy, and don't worry, it's not something cheesy or anything. I'll see you back here in a week, with pictures.

6. chrispholt macrumors regular

Cheddar, UK. Yes where the cheese comes from..
    Have you got it yet? It will be nice to see :p. Is it a custom design?