A quick little rant

Discussion in 'macOS' started by HEB, Feb 28, 2011.

1. HEB macrumors member

After browsing around Macrumors forums for some time, i've realized a lot of people still dislike OS X because of the most technical and arbitrary reasons.

I'm not a developer of any sort, but i definitely do not blindly follow Apple. I'm kind of a hybrid consumer, if you will.

Some people on these forums insist that just because OS X is gorgeous doesn't mean it's stable or has all of the functionality as Windows or Linux.

For me, after switching to Mac from being on Windows for 12 years, can solidly say that OS X is more stable, safe, and easy than any other OS I've used. Who cares if Windows has more technical "under-the-hood" features. Do you notice the difference? Does Windows seem more stable than OS X? Does it seem safer? Is it really easier? Forget all the technical talk and see for yourself -- which OS is more pleasurable to use? It's Mac OS X. Just because it may have some bugs here and there which come up seldom, doesn't mean it's bad. Just because Windows is more stable technically doesn't mean it seems more stable.

2. satcomer macrumors 603

satcomer

I think the problem is the 10.6 disk was an "Upgrade". I was never a fan of Upgrade disk even in my work Windows boxes. So I did a clean install of 10.6.x and have had minimal problems.

Plus a lot of older Macs have problem because of failing hard drives. I have been a computer user long enough to know that current hard drives are very lucky if they last 4 years. Most hard drives die what i calling an old "Hollywood" old dying scene. The rarely just stop working and cough their way to bad behavior.

3. HEB thread starter macrumors member

You may be absolutely correct. I have a new 2010 iMac 21.5" and it's all updated and pre-installed and what not. I completely understand now.