Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dweb619_2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
tomorrow night I'm going to pre order a 7 for me and one for aunt. When I go threw the app on my phone there is only 2 ways to upgrade either "replace this iPhone" or "add a new line" when im going to pre order for my phone it's no problem.

How can I upgrade my aunts line from the app?

Or

Should I order hers on the apple website or from like a iPad or something?

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
I believe it will ask you to enter her phone number and primary account holder's social (if she is the account holder then hers). So you can technically do it on your app you just used to upgrade yours.

dweb619_2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
That is what it use to do but I've haven't been asked for any of account information but hopefully you're right thanks!

Shadowbech

macrumors G3
Oct 18, 2011
Just tried it on my iPad and tested with the 6S and it does ask for phone number, billing zip code and last for of SS. I think for 7 & 7+ is that's it's not yet ready and most likely will pop up when pre-order is ready.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.PNG
    IMG_0002.PNG
    255.3 KB · Views: 98

dweb619_2

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 9, 2015
Colbert Nation
Just tried it on my iPad and tested with the 6S and it does ask for phone number, billing zip code and last for of SS. I think for 7 & 7+ is that's it's not yet ready and most likely will pop up when pre-order is ready.

Thanks so much i tried the same thing last night it guess it wasn't ready

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.