A quick Q about using a micro sim

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ozziegn, Jun 22, 2010.

1. ozziegn macrumors 6502a

ozziegn

I need to activate a micro sim card to use on my 3G iPhone until my iPhone4 comes in a few days. the micro sim is still in it's full size form meaning the "micro" part of the sim hasn't been seperated by the normal size adaptor.

can I use this on my 3G?

2. jw nyc macrumors 6502a

Yes you can

3. dave006 macrumors 68030

dave006

I second that "YES".

Once you get your iPhone 4, you can just snap your Mini SIM down to a Micro SIM by snapping out the Mico section.

It will also speed up your activation on the iPhone 4, you will only need the quick iTunes tether to activate just the iPhone 4. It just needs contact Apple central and have it's S/N validated.

You can also choose to use the new pre-installed Micro SIM but as a reminder you can only have one Active SIM per line (aka tied a single number).

Dave

4. robotrondeluxe macrumors newbie

If you take the phone to Verizon they should be able to set it up without a sim for you.

5. Dr Kevorkian94 macrumors 68020

so wait i have a question now i cut my 3gs sim to a micro sim so i can just pop it in my iphone 4 and thats it. the thing is that i want to be able to put my iphone sim and put it in my ipad and with the sim in the iphone 4 it says you cant do that.