A quick question about ability to change the UI Language

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by AndrejSPB, Feb 21, 2012.

1. AndrejSPB macrumors newbie

AndrejSPB

Hello,

I am new to the world of Apple, and I really love to make the switch really soon! I might had to ask a huge amount of questions today, but most of them are already answered by the people that posted in this forum, and in other places. That is wonderfull!

I am a native Russian speaker, and I live in Norway. I, as many others want to have the User Interface in my native language. I am planning to purchase an iMac 27" through Apple Online Store at http://www.apple.com/no/ and that means the language of the interface, manuals, equipment etc would be Norwegian by default.

I understand that you can change the system UI language during first setup, but in Windows it's limited to Scandinavian languages (+ English) and that you can't change it later. Does the same apply for Mac OS X? Would it be possible to change the UI language to Russian, despite the purchase through the Norwegian Online Store? :confused:

In other words, I want to have Russian as my OS Language. Is that possible, despite the scenario I described above?

I apologize for not-so-perfect English language.

Regards,
    Andrej.

2. simsaladimbamba

Yes, you can do that, as every Mac comes with every language available in Mac OS X, and Russian is included in that.
    You can also change languages at any time via System Preferences > Language & Text > Language.

3. AndrejSPB thread starter macrumors newbie

AndrejSPB

Thank you very much for your prompt answer! That is a relief that this is possible, unlike Windows. :)

4. simsaladimbamba

Yes, that is a relief.
    These are the available languages:
    [​IMG]