A quick question about the trackpad

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chrispholt, Jul 15, 2010.

1. chrispholt macrumors regular

Cheddar, UK. Yes where the cheese comes from..
    Hi,
    I go t my mpb 15" AG 2.4 2 weeks ago. I am really liking it however I have a few questions.
    1. is the trackpad normally really hard to press the closer you get to the keyboard?
    2. Does any AG screen owners see a slight "bump" in the bottom half of the bezel? Mine bulges out slightly at the left side.

I dont want to complain however £1600 pounds was 2 years savings for me and I want to know its not faulty anyway.

It aslo seems to "lockup" at times. Do you think this will be fixed in a software/firmware upgrade?

Thanks

2. aeboi macrumors 65816

aeboi

1. yes, normal
    2. doesn't sound normal
    and the lockups are a known issue, search for threads on this topic

3. TrojanX macrumors member

TrojanX

The lock up, from what I have soaked up by reading the forums and what my best friend has told me (he's a Genius at Apple), seems to be a component issue between the graphics switching and the I5/I7 's hyper-threading processors. A quick trouble shoot would be to disable graphic switching. I would suggest taking it in to apple though, sometimes they can fix the issue or get you one that isn't all buggy. The problem, or so my friend says, seems to be a issue that effects about 25% of the new I cores.

4. chrispholt thread starter macrumors regular

Cheddar, UK. Yes where the cheese comes from..
    Thanks,
    I dont think the lockups are frequent enough for them to warrant a replacement. I will though if it gets worse.
    The biggest bug right now is the screen. I might go in about that but they could say it is to small. Could you ask your friend for me ?
    Thanks

5. jamone13 macrumors regular

1. Yes that is normal. The trackpads don't just have a button underneath them. The button is closer to the bottom, and the pad actually hinges. The hinges are at the top so the closer to the top you click the less leverage you have to move the whole pad.

6. TrojanX macrumors member

TrojanX

Well, I just got done hanging out with him(went to rep that Despicable Me) and asked him for you. He said that, although sometimes they will give you a "Tough Titties" attitude, they will generally hear your complaint and do what they can to solve the problem. He said that he finds if he replaces the GPU or reinstalls the switching software it will fix the problem but, a more significant issue of freezing usually warrants more in depth work. As long as you Apple care warranty is active than it doesn't hurt to bring it in. Also, just a tip, don't be afraid to exaggerate that the freezing happens more frequently than it does. In addition, try and be as friendly, patient, and polite as possible because nothing pisses off a Genius more than an *******.

Hope this helps!!