A quick question from a new Mac Pro owner

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Ollie Cromwell, May 31, 2007.

1. Ollie Cromwell macrumors member

Ollie Cromwell

I have a 2.66ghz quad core shipping at the moment, bought with only 1gb ram installed. Want to get more ram from a 3rd party as I am sure it will be cheaper than Apples own prices. Anyone got any suggestions for a good place to buy online (taking into account I am in the UK). Crucial.com seem quite cheap.

Anyone have any suggestions or can you point me to a guide with help on this?

Cheers

:)

2. tribe3 macrumors 6502

Crucial RAM that I have is the same brand as Apple's. Same thing. There are other brands that work also but since you mention Crucial, go for it.

3. djbahdow01 macrumors 6502a

Crucial is one of the best dealers in RAM. Go for it. I have also had no problem with 1800memory.com or what ever it is. Just needed some cheap RAM quick, and it worked well. A good place to look is ramseeker.com gives you the rundown on ram prices, I always look at Apple certified tho when looking.

4. Much Ado macrumors 68000

Much Ado

Add my name to the list of happy Crucial customers.

MA.

5. joachim macrumors member

I just received OWC's Netlist Apple Certified RAM and it works. It's also recommended, along with Crucial, as good RAM at a low cost.

6. synth3tik macrumors 68040

synth3tik

I got my RAM from OWC. Teh RAM follows all Apple Specs. I have been checking the temp of my system and I only went from !Gig Apple RAM @ 160 F to 4 Gig OWC RAM @ 168 F.

Not bbeas

Enjoy your new machine. The this is a beast

7. -Alan- macrumors member

I've never had great luck buying the cheapest RAM...and this goes back to when I used to build my own PCs. My suggestion...pay a little more and get the Crucial RAM. It's still much cheaper than Apple's but retains the quality.