A quick tip on "re"applying a screen protector.

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by lumpen, May 11, 2010.

1. lumpen macrumors newbie

I got an SGP AF screen protector, which I love and hate. Today I hated it so much I had to replace it with a clear protector that came with the Nude case. Then within 5 minutes I realized that I can stand blur and grain but not glare and reflection.

So I tried to reapply the SGP AF, which was already covered with dust, and here's how I did it.

I covered the sticky side of the screen protector with 2" scotch packing tape. I mean, I covered the whole sticky side of the protector with multiple rows of tape - basically to make the "adhesive protective film". Then I removed it as I reapply the screen protector from the bottom of iPad - pretty much the same way with the original film.

It perfectly removed all the dust, and I again got a dust-free screen protector on my iPad - without using a single drop of water. :)

2. macduke Suspended

macduke

The glare on the iPad is horrendous, especially with fingerprints. I got my anti-glare protector from Power Support. Scotch tape is a lifesaver. I originally heard this at the genius bar. They're actually good for something! When applying the protector on the iPad it's nearly impossible to get them on without using tape to pick out the dust pieces as it's being applied. The tape can also be used on the front to peel back the film so it doesn't get bent on the edges and not seat properly.

We need some scientists to figure this out. How can you make something anti-glare and nearly fingerprint proof without sacrificing the clarity?