A 'quit' window like 'force quit'???

Discussion in 'macOS' started by bsheridan, Jan 27, 2008.

1. bsheridan macrumors 6502

bsheridan

Hey guys I'm wondering if there is an application similar to the force quit app but instead it does a basic quit.
    For force quit you press; :apple: + option + esc.
    Is there a similar thing for a 'quit' window. I could just use the force quit option but I'm lead to believe that this is a last resort measure for quiting applications.

I guess what I'm looking for is similar to quicksilver or spotlight, but instead you would get a list of open apps that are available to be closed.

hope i made that clear enough!

thanks, B.

2. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

3. bsheridan thread starter macrumors 6502

bsheridan

in activity monitor the 'quit process' option you are given is a force quit.

I'm looking for a keyboard shortcut that will list all open applications and then I can select one and close it

4. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

How about Command-Tab. It will allow you to cycle through open applications. To quit one, just move you finger from the tab key to the Q key.

5. bsheridan thread starter macrumors 6502

bsheridan

I just found that after browsing through the docs on apple website, thanks for that!

I've discovered the world of shortcuts, well I knew a good few, but ones like,
    option + :apple: and 2 finger scrolling while in a web browser for forward/back one page are just genious!

Thanks for your insight.

6. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Or just right click, or hold, on the Dock icon and you'll get the option to Quit.

7. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

No, if you click Quit you get a sheet which Force Quit, Cancel and Quit. So you an quit or force quit.

8. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

The MR Guide has a nice write up on keyboard shortcuts.