Resolved A random person appears on my Mail picture

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by instataly, Apr 10, 2014.

1. instataly, Apr 10, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2014

instataly macrumors newbie

Hi, I just sent an email from my .me account to myself (the same .me account) and in the email - upper right side - there's a picture of a random person. Why is this happening and have all the people received emails from me with that stranger's picture??

2. aristobrat macrumors G4

Look in your Contacts program on your Mac and see if that picture is associated with your card.

3. instataly thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes it is! But how did it get there and why can't I erase it?

4. aristobrat macrumors G4

There's a few ways for it to have gotten there. When you first setup a new Mac, it'll let you put an icon there (or take a pic with the webcam, if there is one). Sync'ing with Facebook can also update contact pictures. Also, pictures can be manually put in contacts.

To get rid of the picture in Contacts, find your contact, click the Edit button, then click on the picture and hit the delete key. Then click the Done button.

That picture should only be used on your computer. When you send emails, that picture should not be sent as well.

5. instataly thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for your help, I've erased the picture. I still don't understand how a picture of someone I haven't seen in my life ended up in my computer as my contact card picture… oh well… thanks again!

6. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

it could just a generic picture like when you buy a photo frame. unless of course its a picture from the built in cam. then you got to wonder.