A Real CF smartcover...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by glen e, Aug 10, 2011.

1. glen e macrumors 68030

I got this at home while I was out on the road and I was pleasantly surprised. It is very high quality. I'm sure many will think it too expensive, but that does not bother me. This is not just 3M carbon di-noc vinyl put on a leather smart cover, but real CF laminate that looks and feels very diff than other products. It has an extreme gloss like glass. Minor disadvantages as it weighs a bit and makes the ipad a bit thicker, but still thinner than a portenzo type case.

http://droconcepts.com/iPad2/carbon-fiber-ipad-2-case-cover.html

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. LanEvo macrumors 6502

That's an awesome cover, just not for $89.99.

3. waterson1986 macrumors newbie

Thanks to Apple, we got i-Everything frenzy...

4. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

That is one fine looking cover.

does it have a BMW emblem on it?

5. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

my add...I work for them

6. jcmeyer5 macrumors 6502

Eh... either the pictures are not great, or they didnt produce a product that is consistent with their concept art. I had expected a very finished product... this one looks rough from the pictures you provided and their website.

Costs aside (and there isnt much of a cost difference), I think I like my Apple black leather smart cover with the ni-loc skins better. But maybe it is something that I would need to see in person.

7. Tim9724 macrumors member

8. glen e thread starter macrumors 68030

It really is done well, I don't see any dent in real life and each piece is slighly bevels and sanded smooth - pics are with my iphone cam and could not get the right lighting on the fly......the CF now has depth like a luxury car dash...I like it...

my concern is longevity, I am doing BMW product training every day so it's pulled in and out of my waterfield and shuffled from city to city and set up again...so I'll let you know...