Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

420benz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
New MacBook Pro

All of the options on the top of me email page[file-edit-history-bookmarks window and help] are not attached to the top of my email page.

iMi

Suspended
Sep 13, 2014
Are you using web based email application of the native mail app?

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Do you mean that when Mail is open, there are no top screen menus (because your Mail app is in full-screen mode), and menus only appear when you move cursor near the top of the screen?
Take it out of full screen (control-command-f would do the trick, reverting back to window-mode from full-screen.)

420benz

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 11, 2012
This is a screen shot. As you can see all of the options are on top but not on the gmail page. If I click on any one of those options the page goes away.

Attachments

• 20171216_094952.jpg
    20171216_094952.jpg
    695.5 KB · Views: 149

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Ah, OK. You are not running the native Mac Mail app, but using Gmail from within your Google Chrome browser...
And, you are clicked out of Chrome. You are in the finder, which is why it says "Finder", and not Chrome next to the Apple.
You would get your Chrome menus at the top of the screen if you click within the mail window, or simply click on the Chrome app icon in the Dock.

What version of Chrome are you running? Current would be version 64 or something higher...

Or, maybe you have some extension, or setting that you are using in Chrome which affects the theme that you are using?
(How did you remove the tab line? I can't find any setting that will do that! Again, maybe an extension that you have installed)

You could try a reset within Chrome. Chrome/Preferences/Advanced/Reset.

Last edited:
Reactions: AlliFlowers
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.