A Really Flush Macbook Air

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by Santa Rosa, Apr 28, 2008.

1. Santa Rosa macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

As Im sure many of you have seen the current entry page to Apple.com, something struck me about the Macbook Air. Yes the picture is obviously done in Photoshop or whatever they use but its the fact that its so so flush to the glass like surface its on I find a bit misleading and Im a bit sad the Macbook Air isnt like this. Have attached image to show you what I mean!!

So this got me thinking. If the rubber feet on the Macbook Air were to be filed down a good bit you think you could get the same effect :p. Its not something I want to try but interesting thought nonetheless. Has anybody been brave enough to have done something similar to get the extreme slim profile this machine probably really should have? Im thinking though due to thermodynamics the Air is the way it is with its humungo raised feet.

Attached Files:

2. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

I don't think they did anything special. It's just the angle of the camera.

No, you shouldn't file down your MBA's feet. It needs that space for ventilation.

3. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Agree!

Yep, this would be a terrible idea regarding ventilation and cooling of the MBA.

4. Seth Hawkins macrumors newbie

Photo Angle

When I look at mine at the same angle, it looks like the MBA in the picture.

5. Santa Rosa thread starter macrumors 65816

Santa Rosa

Yea definately see where you are coming with with the angle argument but just seems to me that it is a bit more flush.

As I said the laws of thermodynamics wouldnt allow for filing down the feet but it would have been good if you didnt need them.

They have changed the front page now. Aww well.

6. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

to me it looks stretched. I thought the same thing when i saw it. It looks wider across then it should be. and thinner than it is.

i agree with the op.

7. akm3 macrumors 68020

The laws of thermodynamics perfectly allow for filing down of the feet - they just will make your laptop fry :eek: OK bad attempt at humor.

8. wordy macrumors regular

wordy

The vent at the back is angled, so I think you could remove the feet. I wouldn't do it, but I don't think it'd fry.

9. HotAir macrumors member

Geeeez.... Why not just leave ***WELL ENOUGH*** alone... I saw the eBay auction photos of a beat-up MBA and now this. Go out and buy some tinker toys to satisfy the urge. It must be some childhood scars or something coming to surface in these "tinker" posts. :p

10. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

Its time to get a job.

11. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

I'm amused that the posts where people are amused at posts discussing the looks of the machine especially in terms of it's profile - especially as everything worthwhile has been sacrificed to achieve that profile.

12. digitalfx macrumors 6502a

digitalfx

I have sacrificed nothing worthwhile to gain a very lw and portable unit. I have no regrets with my MBA, other than I wish it had a built-in 3G wireless card. But since Apple hasnt put this in any of their products, what exactly is it that I have sacrificed? This is an ultra portable after all.

13. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

haha. i think we all have to much free time here on macrumors.

we all should get second jobs!