A really weird bug in MacOS Sierra

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by jiiikoo, Oct 6, 2016.

1. jiiikoo macrumors newbie

I was watching a youtube video when my mac suddenly went to the login screen. It happened fast, just as if I had logged out of my Mac. Upon logging back in, all of my apps re-launched and it was as if it had rebooted.

Not sure if this is a common problem or am I the only one with this. Not sure, but this has happened at least once before (at night) but I thought it was because of an update. This time it wasn't.

2. grcar Suspended

grcar

Looks like the Russians mistook your mac for Hillary's email server.

3. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

ha! happened to me last week, exact same thing; i reported it in Feedback Assistant (was on the 10.12.1 publc beta).

4. foxlet macrumors regular

foxlet

Not so much a log-out, but it sounds like the desktop/graphics subsystem crashed and restarted. I've seen it happen on a few machines running Yosemite.

5. johnmccurdy macrumors newbie

johnmccurdy

Yep. This has happened to me too. I have to say this is the worst OS I have ever installed with all the little bugs so far. This weird log out / crash that you describe, not shutting down. Plus the macbook is afflicted with a number of other bugs mentioned by other posters. At this point, I wish I hadn't "upgraded".

6. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

am having a great experience with sierra; fast, stable. perfect? no, but no version of the OS ever is (10.6.8 was pretty great tho). sure there are bugs; there are always bugs...