A Recently Taken Picture is Missing on iPhone 6

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by SpaceGrey, Sep 20, 2014.

1. SpaceGrey macrumors newbie

Hello, I have been trying to figure this out for almost an hour. I took a photo with my new iPhone 6 and I can see it in the bottom left hand corner of the camera. When I tap on it, the moments area says no photos or videos. I also cant find it under albums.

I tried turning the phone on and off and its the same situation. When I open the camera, the photo in still in the bottom left corner. I click on it and the moments area is empty.

I was not having this problem before. If I take a new picture there is no problem. Once I delete any new picture, the problem picture reappears in the bottom left corner of the camera. I tap it and the moments area is still empty.

This is my first iPhone and first problem. Any help would be appreciated.

2. SpaceGrey thread starter macrumors newbie

bump...

the picture is still is in the view area but when I tap it there are no pictures

3. nippyjun macrumors 65816

Is it in the recents album?

If not reboot the phone and see if it showed up.

Reboot by holding in the home button and power button at the same time until the apple logo shows and then release the buttons.

4. Lftyra macrumors newbie

I am having the same issue. I took several pictures and only one is missing. It did show up in the box just like u explained when I went into the camera. I can't find it anywhere. I turned my phone on and off as well as resetting it. Help please!

5. SpaceGrey thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried rebooting a couple times without any success.

I also plugged the phone into my pc and it says there are no pictures or videos on the phone.

The picture in still in the view area when I'm using the camera. I tap it and the picture is not there.

6. Lftyra macrumors newbie

I have also tried the reboot and nothing changed. Thanks

7. SpaceGrey thread starter macrumors newbie

SOLVED

I was able to delete the photo by plugging it into my PC after taking a few other pictures.

To sum things up. A few days after buying the phone, I decided to give a go at the camera. Over the course of approximate 10 minutes, I would take a single / few example pictures and delete them all afterwards. NEXT I took another SINGLE picture. When I went to check on how it came out, it was not there. The only place I could see it was in the camera view area. I plugged it into my PC and there were no pictures on the phone. A few days later I took a few more pictures and was able to retrieve them ALL off my PC including the MISSING PICTURE (it was a bad one so I deleted it)!! I deleted all the pictures through my PC and now the camera view is empty!!