A regular audio cd keeps ejecting

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Gunhaver, May 21, 2007.

1. Gunhaver macrumors member

On my PPC iMac with 10.4.9, a while ago the disk insertion mechanism stopped working right it wont "suck" the disk in anymore, but they will go fine if I just push it all the way, and occasionally a disk will get auto ejected right away, but it will usually work after another try or two, but I got an audio cd that I've been trying to insert, but it does nothing but make a some noise for a little while and then spit it back out without any message or warning at all. It's a cd from 96 (used, but in perfect condition) so it couldn't have any sort weird copy protection on it.
    Aaaaaaany idea why this could be happening? It seems more like a software problem since there's nothing weird about the disk and it's in perfect condition.

2. Bobjob186 macrumors 6502

it's definately a disk problem, I've that problem before with lower quality cds or cds that are burned to fast.

3. theISHkid macrumors regular

Like Bob said... it's just something that happens every now and then. Is that the only CD that is giving you problems? I had one do that then a week later it worked.

4. Gunhaver thread starter macrumors member

It's the only one that does that, but I haven't tried a very great number. Isn't there any way to like force the computer to insert the disk?