Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Hello,

A co-worker of mine recently rescued a Macintosh SE from the alley near his home (next to the trash). It is a clean example with no stains, and very little yellowing (will post pictures soon). We powered it on at work, and it sang it's startup chime (okay a beep) and showed a flashing disk icon!

Since he had no boot floppies, I decided to dust off my little used SE, and bring it in to work with a stack of floppies. 5 minutes after making a boot disk with some classic games, his system was up and running 100%!

It was amazing to see how many people were using it in our office after they walked by, and spotted the classic games. Both his and my SE was in constant use all day, with people playing games, and taking a trip down memory lane! I am now backing up my SE to my Quadra, and searching the web for some classic games to install on the SE!

image.php

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Shufflepuck FTW.

I'm waiting on a forum member to send me an ADB mouse so I can use mine. Lost the mouse on my recent move.

Hrududu

macrumors 68020
Jul 25, 2008
Central US
You have to put PT-109 on there and Othello. Star Roids is a must and I'll 2nd Shufflepuck. You should be able to run Spectre too!

840quadra

Original poster
Staff member
Feb 1, 2005
Twin Cities Minnesota
Thanks for the suggestion. I will have to give that a try.

We are playing games like Checkers currently at work, but will move up. Do you know of any old 68k Network aware applications?

Thanks!

image.php

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Just got mine up and running thanks to Limei who sent me an ADB mouse.

Laughing at the installed apps

After Dark
AppleLink 6.1
Connectix Desktop Utilities
Excel 4.0
Filemaker Pro 2.1
MacDraw
MacWrite II
Print Shop
RAM Doubler
Smartcom II
Word 5.1
Worperfect 3.0

Here's some crappy iPhone pics.

Attachments

• photo-1.jpg
    photo-1.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 82
  • photo-2.jpg
    photo-2.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 87
  • photo-3.jpg
    photo-3.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 80
  • photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 76
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.