A Safari Nuisance.

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by BoxerBoy, Apr 16, 2012.

1. BoxerBoy macrumors member

Are you sure you want to send a form again?

This is the message that continually pops up when I am using Safari. It appears when I choose to go back to a page I have already visited, even though I have not done anything other than look at the page.

Any idea how to get rid of this nuisance.

2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

I don't know of a way to disable it, but from my experience it's a very common message - common to most browsers. It's triggered by the content of certain websites.

3. BoxerBoy thread starter macrumors member

Well I have never seen the message in many years of using other browsers.

I don't even understand the question the message is asking.

4. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The message is simple. It is telling you that the content of the page that you are returning to when you go "Back" may have changed from what it was when you were there last. The fact that other browsers leave you blissfully ignorant notwithstanding, it is not a good idea to disable the warning even if it is possible to do so.

5. fisherking macrumors 603

fisherking

funny u bring this up.

i have ONE site (a forum like this one), where i have that problem constantly;
    there, and nowhere else.

never figured out why, though.

IF you fill in something, post it, and go back, you'd get that message.
    i get it all the time on that one site.

:confused:

6. BoxerBoy thread starter macrumors member

Are you sure you want to send a form again?

Simple it ain't, much as I try, even with a developed grasp of the English language, I constantly fail to reconcile the two statements above.

However I thank you for explaining what Safari wanted to say, but couldn't quite manage to do so. Although why they wanted to say it in the first place is a bit of a mystery, given that general acceptance that a web page may have changed upon one's return would suffice. With no need for the infuriating message.

7. robgendreau macrumors 68040

It means that Safari detected that some input from you, the user, was used on the previous page, so that if you return, you might not get the expected result. The "form" part may not be obvious; if you go through a page and simply click "next" you are actually entering a value, since the web site is recording that. So to go back you have to re-enter the next, but since you're coming from a different direction you get the warning.

You see it most often when clicking through sign-up stuff in my experience.

8. cMacSW macrumors regular

Wasn't there some sites that used an invisible for to get around users turning of cookie tracking or something like that?