Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jaybar

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Dec 11, 2008
Hi

I am looking for a second band for my SS SB Apple Watch. I currrntly have the SB ML and am looking for a second band.

I am considering the Apple SB SS link bracelet along with the leather loop as another possibility.

I have some reluctance about the leather loop because of potential wrist rashes, but I am willing to consider it. The SB link bracelet woukd be a safer bet.

If you have the link bracelet, is it prone to scratching? Can it easily scratch the watch?

Any issues with the leather loop that I need to consider?

Thanks.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
The leather has been “worked over” to the point it is near inert. Soap, water or oil does not effect it. Stays looking like new after two years of use.

Returned my black stainless link bracelet as it was not as comfortable.

PaladinGuy

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2014
I’ve always wished that Apple would make a 38/40mm version of the leather loop band. Alas, they haven’t. So, I can’t speak to that.

As for the link band, it’s awesome. I wore Omegas, Tags, and a Rolex before having my first Apple Watch. In honesty, the Apple Watch link band puts most of those bracelets to shame. (To be fair, the newer bracelets on these watches have greatly improved beyond the link band’s quality). It adds the feel of a true watch to the Apple Watch. Also, the butterfly clasp is brilliant, in terms of disappearing with the band.

The only downside to the link band is that you can’t find the perfect fit. This is true of most link bands, but many have micro-adjustments. Since the Apple Watch link band does not, it can be slightly loose or slightly tight at times. This is the one negative to it.

EDH667

macrumors 65816
Nov 25, 2009
Northern California
I have the Apple SB SS link bracelet and like it the best for all day use. I have a separate aluminum watch with sport loop for workouts. The Apple SB SS link bracelet does not scratch easily and also doesn’t scratch the watch since it is either on my wrist or closed and on the charger.

GRT89521

macrumors regular
Apr 24, 2018
I loved my SB SS link bracelet and highly recommend it. I wore it with my white ceramic S2; they looked great together. I swapped out my ceramic for a SS Hermes. Now I need the SS link.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.