A Security/Data Integrity/Current Threats SubForum

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by ZapNZs, Apr 22, 2017.

1. ZapNZs macrumors 68000

ZapNZs

I work with a lot of new Mac Users and basic security is a topic that many new Mac Users want to know about, whether that be protecting data through backups, threats of malware/scareware, or discussions about why Macs are relatively robust when it comes to withstanding security threats that a Windows User may have to be aware of. Many of those people who have purchased Macs were told by the respective sellers something along the lines of "Macs don't get viruses", and are surprised to learn that this is partially but not completely true. Do we have a subforum to specifically discuss this? I apologize if we do and I failed to locate it.

2. chown33 macrumors 604

Basic questions are always suitable in the Mac Basics forum.

If you're looking more for a tutorial or "Here's a comprehensive library of what new users and beginners ought to know", well, that's not really how the forums are structured. They're more oriented towards "Ask this question" or "Discuss that topic" than as a reference library. That's not to say you can't find useful tutorial or reference material, just that the structure isn't set up that way.