Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ToM7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Israel
Hi everyone,
I was ordering an iPhone 6s in 9/12, should get it in 9/25
guess what? the iPhone still not in my hands, because the carrier of ups went to my old address in las vegas and not the new one, after that I asked many times apple agents if my new address has been updated to ups & they told me that yes.
Now, they told me that the carrier going to the old address first & then make a reroute to the new one.
he didn't do the reroute to the new address & left the package there & someone stole it
after I was talking with apple, they send me a new iPhone 6s in the next 3 days.
do you think that I should ask for compensation after all what the distress I've been through?
thanks!

DoofenshmirtzEI

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
Who would you ask for compensation from? Apple is not at all at fault, and UPS might give you a lollipop if they're feeling nice. I know, how about the person who put their old address on the order in the first place, ask them for compensation.

ToM7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Israel
Who would you ask for compensation from? Apple is not at all at fault, and UPS might give you a lollipop if they're feeling nice. I know, how about the person who put their old address on the order in the first place, ask them for compensation.

So do you think It's only UPS fault? not both?

ToM7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Israel
Yes! You should call them and demand they send you another phone at no charge because you forgot where you live!!! Oh wait...
Distress? Good grief. This is a silly waste of bandwidth. Off to The Wasteland I say ... !

I just asked for your opinion, you don't need to be cynical so much :)

D.T.

macrumors G4
Sep 15, 2011
Vilano Beach, FL
I just asked for your opinion, you don't need to be cynical so much :)

Look, I'm a positive, happy person, that's my actual photo in my avatar ... but don't you think it's a _little_ silly, that you would even consider asking for some kind of compensation as a result of "distress" over a phone being a few days late?

It is kind of crappy that happened? Sure. Would I have been impatient and a little miffed? Yep. But just have some perspective on this as a serious, stress factor in your life and realize it's trivial, enjoy your device when you get it and just move on.

Peace.

andyw715

macrumors 68000
Oct 25, 2013
When you ordered it, what address populated the shipping address?

I noticed when I ordered mine, the phone number associated with the shipping address was my old home number, while the billing had the correct number.
It appears when doing an upgrade (for me ATT) on Apple.com in behalf of the carrier that apple.com gets the shipping info from ATT.

But its still your responsibility to make sure that shipping info is correct.

ToM7

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Sep 8, 2008
Israel
Look, I'm a positive, happy person, that's my actual photo in my avatar ... but don't you think it's a _little_ silly, that you would even consider asking for some kind of compensation as a result of "distress" over a phone being a few days late?

It is kind of crappy that happened? Sure. Would I have been impatient and a little miffed? Yep. But just have some perspective on this as a serious, stress factor in your life and realize it's trivial, enjoy your device when you get it and just move on.

Peace.

Ok thanks!
But one point just to make it clear because I think that you didn't get it right
It's about the situation not about the phone itself
Just think that you ordered something and couple of times you asked the seller if they updated the delivery company about your new shipping address and they told you 'yes', After all of this you discovered that the carrier not make this and put it on your new one and someone stolen it
how it would make you feel? I think that you'll a little bit angry

susan12369

macrumors 6502
Apr 20, 2015
Why didn't you call UPS and confirm delivery address? Seems to me that your frustration is really with yourself for not using the correct delivery address at the time of the order.

Reactions: ultravisitor

nostresshere

macrumors 68030
Dec 30, 2010
sorry... calling and asking was not the best process. You can SEE your order online and you can SEE the shipping address.

And, even if they screwed up... so what? Even asking if you should ask for confirmation is beyond reasonable. This stuff happens. You are just going to spend lots of your time and their time "investigating" and "complaining" only to find out the reason is XXXX and tough crap.

Wow.

Reactions: susan12369

PNutts

macrumors 601
Jul 24, 2008
Pacific Northwest, US
Unless it can be proven that Apple did not follow through, it's been my experience that changing a shipping address after a UPS order has been shipped is hit and miss. Usually miss. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.